Monday, June 25, 2007

My girls - 14 months and 38 months


Yay! Rowena is 14 months. She is really developing a personality which is very different from her sister.

Physical Development


Weight – about 12 kg (she looks thinner, though)
(not sure about her height!!)


Hair : has grown quite a bit


Her legs are kind of bow legged. Is quite obvious – some people commented that it was because she started walking early. Some people commented that it is just a phase and will be ok. I recall Harvynna having the same problem at the age and its ok now.

Teeth – still has only 4 teeth (with the gap in between)

Eating Habits – eats anything and everything under the sun. Has tasted curry and does not seem to mind it. She must eat everything that we eat. If she had enough, she will stick her tongue out, with the food on it and let it fall out!

Language

Rowena does not babble much, only when she is trying to say something. The things that she can say is:

Mama – for me, of course – but lately she has been calling daddy that too


Dada – occasionally now for daddy


Kar – for car


There – for there


Baba – for baby & Barney


Wowo – dog and all other animals!!


Cup – for cup


Yeah, she is not as vocal as Harvynna was at that age – so it’s really irritating when people say, ‘Rowena is so quiet. Harvynna could say much more when she was that age’.


Ya, so??

Things she does:

· Every morning, when I tell the girls ’ Lets go’ (going to the babysitter), she will shout ‘Car’.


· When its time to go out, she will go to the shoe cabinet, and start fussing to put on her shoes. Normally I will just carry her, but now she insists her shoes are on and will walk out


· Once we leave the house, she will lift up one hand and say ‘eh eh’ indicating for me to hold her hand


· Uses the remote and points at the tv. Then she hits the remote a few times (we have a lousy remote) and points it at the tv again


· She still loves to dance – everytime there is music, she will bounce up and down and clap her hands and sing ‘ah ah ah’


· She can march to music as she learnt ‘the ants go marching’ the other day


· When I tell her come, go bathe, she will start lifting up her clothes and walk to the bathroom


· If you tell her to kiss, she will come to you, place her face on your cheek and say ‘emm ahh’


· She takes my hairbrush and brushes her hair


· She hides and then appears saying ‘there’


· She likes wearing my shoes and parade around the house with it


· She can point to’bellybutton’, ‘nose’ and ‘eyes’


· She protest if you take something away from her


· She is a busy body, she stops whatever she is doing to see what is happening – noise, if somebody goes out etc


· She drink from a straw well

Some of her naughty traits (grrr)


· Does not sit on any high chair. When we go out to eat, she will start to stand on the chair and sit on the side bar or just stand - she ends up on my lap


· When she does not want to sleep, she will disturb Harvynna by pinching her, or pulling her hair, then laughing , then they both end up playing and laughing and not sleeping.
· She empties the dustbins, the laundry basket


· If she does not want to be carried, she will Wriggle, arch her back and do all kinds of things


· She picks up the house phone, starts dialing and places the phone to her ear but does not say a word. After she is done, she will throw the phone on the floor


Harvynna, on the other hand is getting naughtier and a real smart alec. She answers back at every opportunity. Examples:

Me: Harvynna, pick up your toys or the black dog will come and bite you
Harvynna: Where? I don’t see him. Don’t bluff. Liar liar, pants on fire

Me: If you are naughty, I wont buy you a present. I will buy for Rowena
Harvynna: then, I will pull it from her

Harvynna: Send Rowena to the playground and let the black dog eat her

Harvynna: I am not going to buy YOU anything. You are the naughtiest girl in the world (referring to me)

Harvynna: Can you please take Rowena away, she is disturbing my work

Harvynna: Remember, we went to xxxxx. Rowena was not there, she was not born yet

She is also quite observant:

She will ask me:

What are you smiling about or What are you thinking about?

She is also the fashion diva in the house

Don’t tie up your hair - its not nice
Why are you wearing that – its not matching
Why you not wearing your jacket to the office
I don’t want to wear that - its not even matching

You look fat in that dress!!! - (you can get the truth from a 3 year old)
Look at me ! I look so fashion


Gosh! I wonder if Rowena will be like that in a years time. Then I will really have my hands full.




14 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

Awww.. i hate it when ppl compare one child to another. Every kid is different and unique! How annoying some ppl can be. Ignore them, hmom! I usually do the act-like-deaf act :p

Anonymous said...

wow she knows more words than kylie! but don't get me wrong i'm not comparing..hope babybooner not going to scold ma ya...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahahahah....just laughing at laundryamah's comment :D Wow....Rowena weighs 12kg...she's heavier than Ashley..hahhahah. I just love your girls' eyes...so big and adorable.

etceteramommy said...

Rub eyes... did I read correctly? 12kg? Wow...chubby-licious lor. :P

jazzmint said...

hehe she's just so lovely leh ;)

Anonymous said...

My gosh! I had a good laugh reading Harvynna's conversation with you. She is still very feisty.

Chinneeq said...

so cute to see your 2 daughters playing with each other.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Both your gals are very adorable. My gals too have very different personalities.

Leena said...

smart girl didnt like to sit in high chair so she could freely move around huh. of late shern's gettin phobia with high chair too.
big sister is such a fashionista her age. can tell mom how to dress somemore. clever.

Nadia said...

12kgs?? Wow! Irfan's only 11kgs. Haha! And already I'm complaining that he's too heavy for me. How do you carry Rowena lah?

And anyway, I don't know how you handle two kids, but I salute you lah. I'd prolly go crazy! :P

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

laundryamah; heheheheheee.. that kind of comparison is harmless! I'm annoyed with the people who make us feel bad about our kids!! funny la u! i had a good laugh :D

(hmom sorry men"celah" masuk your blog to converse with laundryamah pulak! nadia would've said "tumpang lalu"..) hehehe

LHS said...

wah..i love to see them hugging together, so lovely :)

come and visit my blog -
http://quinsiya.com/blog

ZMM said...

Harvynna is becoming very cheeky huh?

It's quite unfair to the 2nd kid right? Always being compared with the 1st.

Sasha Tan said...

eh growing to look alike edi Pweety girls. I know where they get the genes from. *wink*