Wednesday, November 01, 2006

6 month old Rowena




A little late, but nevertheless….

Rowena turned 6 months on 25 Oct. Can’t believe my baby is already 6 months. Carrying her with one hand is no longer an easy task. I went to visit my cousins’ baby girl last week (yes, another baby girl. Seems like everyone we know had or is having a girl) and when I look at those little babies in the nursery, I cant help but feel how big my Rowena has become.

Will be taking her for her jab this weekend, so I am not sure of her weight. Rowena has slowly started taking solids – more like semi solids last Saturday (28 October). We just introduced her to rice cereals. Not really in a hurry to introduce other stuff just yet.

As for her other milestones:

She can roll over from her tummy to her front.

Still trying to roll over from her back, though! Tried to encourage her by putting some colourful toys. She tried a couple of times, then got fed up and decided to look at me and smile instead.

Still no sign of her tooth despite the teething symptoms!!

Sits upright with support. We tried putting her in a high chair in Kuantan, but she fell to the side!!!

Loves to put everything in her mouth.

Loves to chew her books

Loves putting her foot in her mouth.

Loves to play peek a boo

LOVES attention. Coos and smiles back when given attention.

Seems to be a morning person. Is most active and talks most in the morning.

Is having major seperation anxiety. The moment we put her down, she starts to wail. It also could be due to the fact that she has been carried during the last 2 weeks as we were on holiday.

I don’t really get much of a chance to do things with her e.g. read to her, play games etc as I did with Harvynna as Harvynna would grab the book or toy. Just hope she will pick up things just by being around us.


5 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

How time flies...I absolutely adore babies who try to suck their toes, such a cute sight!

chanelwong said...

i have yet to see Rowena face to face and Harvynna also must have change a lot...

Nadia said...

Happy 6 months!!! I hope you guys had a great time in Kuantan. =) She looked so cute with the hat and sunnies. Hehehe..

LHS said...

Don't worry, sure Rowena will catch up as fast as Harvynna.

jazzmint said...

vyktore has that separation anxiety thing as well :(...he wails whenever we put him down aiyoo