Friday, October 12, 2007

Harvynna can read!


I started Harvynna on the Ladybird Key words reading scheme with just Book 1A, and used it on and off. I tried to explain to her that we actually read the words when reading a book besides looking at the picture and bla bla bla. So if she learns to read, she can later read on her own. I must say she tried very hard and though she got fed up at times, she picked it up again and fell very proud when she could do it. I thought she had just memorized the book.


Last week, I got book 1B, (contains the words in different context and illustraiton)and to my surprise, she could actually read most of it. I bought up to level 4 and she picked up book 3B and she could read the words she had learnt in the earlier levels.


These books must really work and she is so proud of herself. Well done Harvynna.


14 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Wow...that is fantastic! Rina, has Harvynna started school? QQ drop out oredi, after 3 days to school, hehe....Really dono what to do with her now :(

Mamapumpkin said...

*clapping hands* WOW!!! Well done, Harvynna!!!

jazzmint said...

clever girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hmom--that's so wonderful--reading for our little ones opens up so many new, positive things!

Great job!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Bravo to your girl!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

oh wow! this is such great news! yayy harvynna! soon she'll be reading enid blyton and roald dahl!

chanelwong said...

so clever...Jeriel cannot even master 1a yet...

Nadia said...

Bravo Harvynna!

mommy of 3 angels said...

keep it up...open up to an exciting world of books

Anonymous said...

Wowow.. what a great milestone. Good job!!!

Have you started anything with Rowena? Any recommendations? I find my boy is getting bored with the books he has and not paying any attention :(

Anonymous said...

ur kids are so lovely.. i saw the books in MPH and thot my son is not ready yet, now i must go and teach him edi..

Health Freak Mommy said...

Harvynna is so clever! My gals find the Peter and Jane series boring :(

Babysmooches said...

harvynna's so smart... so, all those flash cards paid off right? :-)

CL said...

Bravo Harvynnna.