Friday, January 11, 2008

A new beginning

Happy New Year! I know its already 11 days into the new year, but nevertheless.....

Anyway, I have been pondering and dwelling into this for sometime, and finally I submitted my resignation in my current job today.Its really a mixed feeling, as I have been here for 5 1/2 years, and it has been comfortable. But after 5 years, I looked at career progression etc etc etc and decided that I need a change. Its amazing how once I made up my mind to leave, several offers came and I was deciding between 2. So, as of now, I have tendered my resignation, turned down one offer and accpeted another. It feels so draining as there was so much to think about.

Career wise, I am not interested in rising up to the top of the ladder as my priorities are with my girls. All I need is a good stable job, pays well enough so I can shop at Baby Gap or Mothercare without feeling guilty, and a good work life balance so I have time for my family and a job which I can happily wake up to every morning.

So I guess I have made the right choice. There's no turning back now. Looks like I started 2008 with a big change, but for the better.

Wish me luck!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Rina! I'm sure your new job will be better than the old one.

jazzmint said...

all tbe best. I'm also like you, prefer not to climb the ladder. I'm happy with my pay, the co and time i can spend with my kids.

Chinneeq said...

Hi Rina, congrats on your new move! Right or wrong, there is no turning back so make good use of what you have!

etceteramommy said...

You're right.. no turning back. All the best with your new endearvour! :D

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hey! All the best to you :D

Babysmooches said...

I know exactly what you mean. I was in a comfortable and happy job until priorties changed when I became a mother... I'm starting life and starting 2008 with a totally new direction, just like you!

CL said...

Congrates and good luck in your new job.

Anonymous said...

Lots and Lots of Luck with the New Job, Vindi (SIL)

Nadia said...

Good luck Rina! And happy new year to you too.. :)

Debbie Y said...

all the best in your new job then...btw, i'd enjoy reading your blog!