Monday, March 23, 2009

Disney on Ice - Princess Wishes


As an early birthday present, my parents got Harvynna a ticket for the show which was held over the weekend at Stadium Putra. Right until yesterday, I was still debating if I should bring Rowena along (her ticket would be free, anyway), but I dont think she would have stayed for 90 minutes. Not wanting to spoil Harvynna's show, I decided not to bring her. She did not seem interested anyway, and was happy for Harvynna to go. Of course, Harvynna kept showing off and boasting to her about it the last 2 weeks as I told her that we got front row, rinkside tickets which is just infront of the stage. That made her really excited and big headed at the same time. We were really lucky as by the time I went to purchase the tickets, there were only 2 front row seats left.She was looking around the stadium and commenting that everyone else was sitting so far away and probably cant see so well!! Show off!
There were many girls dressed up in their best princess costume, so of course, I got a good telling off from her as I told her that the princess costume would not keep her warm as the place is cold.
The show was really nice, with the props, lighting and music and of course - the beautiful costumes. Harvynna knew all the princesses and was really excited. I bought her a box of popcorn which she happily stuffed her face with throughout the show and refused to share even one with me :( There were many stalls selling all kinds of DOI merchandise at ridiculous prices. I bought the girls a penchant each and a colouring book. I think Harvynna didnt expect everything so colourful and exciting that she was very quiet when we first arrived. She totally enjoyed the show and requested to go again.
I promised Rowena that I would definitely take her if Barney comes to town. So every 5 minutes, she will ask, 'Is Barney here?' Hopefully, by the time the next show comes to town, she will be able to sit still.

5 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I wanted to bring my 2 older girls to this Princess show too but before I could, my sil sponsored them to HK Disneyland. Hey, you didn't snap any pix at the show?

Family First said...

Lucky you .. got sponsored tickets. Is Barney coming to town? We can go together! And yeah, provided our two lil kiddos can sit still!

Babysmooches said...

We should get Kev in the Barney suit and entertain our kids *wink*

Chinneeq said...

wanted to bring Qiqi so much as she is into princess recently. but too pricey la...if cheaper tickets, we will be seated too far :( so ended up not going.

Family First said...

Hey Rina, if you know of anyone wanting to dispose off their safety gates do let me know pls. I am looking for 2nd hand ones for my new place since I only need it for a short period. Thanks ya.