Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I am really really pissed off!

Picking up the girls after work is really a joy for me, I really look forward to seeing their happy faces, running to the gate when I arrive. But yesterday, when I arrived, I was so shocked and upset. I saw Rowena coming from behind but she looked different and I actually had to look again to make sure it was her and not some new boy. Yes, the babysitter had Rowena's hair cut and I am so so so so angry that I could kill someone.

She actually had her hair cut without consulting me and it was hideously cut by an amateur lousy person. I never cut the girls hair. Harvynna has never had her hair cut since birth (except for the fringe) and now it has grown to such lovely locks as it is her original hair. My husband's culture does not allow shaving of babies head and and I fully agree with that as Asian babies are normally born with a lot of hair and I feel its such a waste to shave it off.

Even when Rowena had her cradle cap problem, I refused to shave her head, what more now when she is 15 months old and finally looking like a sweet little girl. Finally, no one asks us if she is a boy or a girl. Finally, her skin has cleared up and no more spots on her face, finally her hair has grown and starting to curl and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

How can anyone do that to my baby. I am very particular that both my girls have long hair. Right up till primary school, I always had short hair and I hated it and used to envy girls with long hair. I promised myself that if I have a daughter, I will let them grow it, even if it means extra work in maintaining it.

Now, Rowena looks exactly like a boy and I JUST HATE IT. I am so angry. Every time I look at Rowena, I get more angry. I know its only hair and it will grow but its my baby, I am the mother and only I have the right to cut, trim, colour or do whatever the hell I want to and no one else.

This morning when I dropped off the girls, I told the maid that my hubby is very very angry and I was trying to find all the Malay words to describe the ugly hair cut and words like hodoh, buruk and even bodoh!!! came out. The babysitter is going to get a good telling off this evening when I pick them up - How dare she cut my baby's hair. Its like she was trying to make Rowena look ugly. If she had even cut a cm off Harvynna's hair, that would have been a total war.

17 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Rina, geram hor.....dont worry la, your gal's hair will grow back very soon...

Anonymous said...

My gosh! How can the babysitter do that?! This is really really rude of her.. I would be mad as you too! You should give her a good lecture when you see her.

etceteramommy said...

OMG OMG!! So sorry to hear that. You have every right to be angry. BB sitter has no right to do that unless she has very very super duper good reason for her doing.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I would be angry too, what more cut till she looks like a boy, that's just too much. Tell your bbsitter nicely lar, else don't know if she would take it personally or not and then later vent out the anger on poor Rowena.
Chill out ok!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

OMG THE NERVE OF SOME PPL!! i'd be furious too if i were u. she shouldve consulted u, period.

jazzmint said...

aoyoo so teruk one!!!

Sasha Tan said...

ALAMAK SO TERRIBLE WAN!!! scold her!

Irene said...

Oh my! That's a terrible thing to do! Hope you find out why she decided that it was necessary to cut your daughter's hair.

Nadia said...

What the...???? I don't even allow my parents or in-laws to cut Irfan's hair without consulting with me first, and he's a boy! What right has one got to go and cut someone else's kid's hair? Who in the right frame of mind would do such a hideous thing? OMG! Please tell us what her pathetic excuse was, ok?

chanelwong said...

how can she do that? If i sure very angry...some more your girls got nice curly hair...

Anonymous said...

Hi Hmom--I don't understand how the babysitter thinks they have the authority to do that. That's pretty audacios on thir part.

It should be on to a new babysitter.

No one should touch your child's hair without your OK.

How did she answer why she did this?

mommy of 3 angels said...

i hear your frustration & anger...this is terrible!!! why so itchy fingers...then cut her own hair lah...why mess with your girls!!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh no! what was the babysitter thinking? keep us updated on what she said, ok?

Babysmooches said...

tell you what, go get a huge scissors and cut the babysitter's hair. Better still, shave it botak! hehehe. say, I tried calling you but you didn't answer my call. I was around your office the other day and wanted to ask you out for tea lah.

Leena said...

ouch, what a f* babysitter? is she psycho or what? tell us what happened next pls..

CL said...

I kno how you feel, cause so many ppl mistaken Malaika as boy and now that she is becoming more girlish.

DId the BBsitter tell you any reason why she cut Rowenas hair?

Sweetpea said...

hi, not so first visit :)

i think i have the same question just like our friends here. what gave your babysitter the idea she has your approval to cut rowena's hair? or that she has the right to do so?

must get the real reason behind it. did she make a mess on your daughter's hair, perhaps glue or watnots (just my imagination running wild) and couldn't fix it?

would definitely love to hear wat she has got to say.