Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Secretive Harvynna


I am trying to dig from Harvynna what she learns at Gymboree. Since she attends a 2 hour drop off, I dont really get to see what she does. Whenever I ask her what she did, the conversation will end up this way:


Me: what did you do at Gymboree today?

Harvynna: Nothing

Me: Nothing? you were there for 2 hours doing nothing. Maybe we should stop going to gymboree

Harvynna: No, I dont want to stay home with daddy and do nothing

Mummy: so, what do you do at gymboree then?

Harvynna: Just singing and painting

Me: what song did you sing?

Harvynna: Hokey pokey (seems to be the same every week)

Me: what else?

Harvynna: Nothing

Me: Oh, next time, I will stay there and see ok

Harvynna: No, you sit outside - its a big childrens class. Mummies cannot come


The teacher told me that Harvyyna is quite opinionated. The other day, she complained that the room was warm and the teacher told her to tie up her hair. Harvynna told her that she did not have a rubber band in her bag and she added,' I am very sexy today you know (while pulling her blouse), so I will not tie my hair!!! And the other time, she told the teacher that ' I am not coming back here anymore!!)


I am still curious as after the first 10 minutes, the children are taken to another room. I understand there is story telling etc and they are also introduced to alphabets and phonics through songs. I actually got to hear one of the songs the other day, as I was talking to the trainers in front. It was something like this:


King get the kettle. ke ke ke

King get the kettle, ke ke ke

king get the kettle, ke ke ke

This is the sound of K


I guess they must be learning something.


Now I am exploring the option of sending her to Kindergarten next year (despite my earlier views). I think children these days are smarter and more advanced earlier, that by 4 years, they actually know quite a bit and are curious to learn more.


She told me the other day:


Harvynna: I like Amama (babysitter) but I dont like her house, it is boring.

Me:so u want to go to school?

Harvynna: yes, I want to study

Me: But you go to gymboree now

Harvynna: But I never study there!!!!


Need to scout around in Bangsar for a good, reasonable kindy that is not too academic driven.

14 comments:

Chinneeq said...

wow.....mummy got to keep an extra eye when her gals go to school LOL...

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

she sounds so grown-up! that's a good approach; to pick a school that is not too academic-driven :)

LHS said...

haha...she really speaks like adult..
i just love to read when she said she looks sexy..that's funny!

jazzmint said...

wow she really knows her stuff...gymboree not study!! She really can voice out her own opinion.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Harvynna always crack me up with her antics and speech. Eh, mama, better keep an eye on this one..she already know the sentence, "I'm sexy." Hahaha...

Leena said...

sexy girl..lol.
she sure speaks her mind well. very bright girl want to do more than just play, she wants to study..what a good girl.

chanelwong said...

soo mature..wow, going to capture a lot of guys out there..beware..

etceteramommy said...

She's really opinionated. She'll be a successful person one day. Do nurture her talent. Yes.. I think you should send her to school.. maybe a playschool for a start so she familiarise herself a couple of hours a few times aweek? Not sure Bangsar, my friend sends her girl to err.. there's one near Shell Damansara. If you're interested I can get the contact from her. Good luck~

Health Freak Mommy said...

She's opinionated and a drama queen too, so funny, esp the pulling the blouse down part.
BTW, I've tagged you :)

CL said...

wow.. too sexy to tie her hair ... haha ... she is one opinionated girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi hmom--well she is uncensored (smile). She sure speaks her mind. Now, where did she get the "I'm sexy .." from (smile)?

Sasha Tan said...

Bangsar got a few, i saw there's this international kindy. Or maybe you can ask Annie Q.

As for the answer "nothing". I realise that's what the kids like to answer adult. Maybe cos it ends the conversation faster. Otherwise the conversationwill go on and on like ...you like? what do you like there? Oh this why? oh that why? so maybe That's why she answer you "nothing" la. cos that's what happened to my niece also...she's lazy to answer us..

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahaha..what a funny gal. She looks so like you in that photo :D

Nadia said...

"I'm sexy today.."?.. Hahah! She's soo funnylah!

Btw, a friend sends her son to a kindy in Bangsar. She says there aren't too many kids in a room. Price is about RM 800 me thinks. A bit much if you ask me!