Friday, February 15, 2008

Life Changes



I was blog hopping earlier and came across a tragedy that struck this family in Australia, where their 3 1/2 year old daughter passed away in a freak accident. While reading the mum's story, I just had this overwhelming feeling that how life can change in a blink of an eye and we have to stop taking things for granted. Her daughter, Ava was just turning 4 (Harvynna's age) and I immediately thought of my 2 girls.


Harvynna is going through this really whiney stage, where she whines for just about anything. She can suddenly burst into tears for no reason and many times, she keeps saying that I dont love her. I think all the attention on Rowena (given by everyone) is really getting to her. Sometimes, she complains that she is not pretty. I think that is because most strangers keep saying how cute Rowena is and she feels it. I told her that people normally say babies are cute but she is so beautiful.


But she feels flattered because Rowena calls her a princess. If you ask Rowena, what is Harvynna, she will say 'Pincess' and when you ask her what is Rowena' she will reply 'duwa' (referring to dwarf). Thanks to Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.


Rowena is really catching up on her speech and can put many words together now. This is good as they can both now communicate to each other and somehow, Harvynna understands, some of the mispronounced words Rowena uses, which we dont! Their conversations in the car can be quite funny sometimes. They both have their own sense of humour.


The other day, we were rushing home to get ready to attend my aunt's birthday dinner. And I told Harvynna jokingly, why dont you stay at home instead. This was her reply:


I will stay home if Rowena stays as well.


And I said OK.


Then she adds, we will use our shoes in the house, and when you come home, the house will be dirty. Then very good for you!........ and they both started laughing.


Some of the cute things Rowena says are:


Eeeeya, daddy poo poo everywhere!

Mummy read! Rowie no no


She refers to Bangsar Village as 'bubble, pop pop pop' because thats where she attends Gymboree!



2 comments:

mom2ashley said...

yup..reading about ava and sheye has touched me in many ways too..

CL said...

yes, I read about the tragic incident too. Pretty sad.

It is so great to see two girls enjoying each other's company.