Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Harvynna the fashion expert!

As Harvynna approaches the Terrible 2's , she has become more headstrong and stubborn. What can you expect from an Aries baby!

She has reached the stage where she want to choose her own clothes and does not allow me to pick her clothes for her. Sigh! What do I do with all the pretty dresses she has? After her bath, she will open her cupboard and pick out her outfit even though I had already chosen one for her. The problem is she picks out clothes for the wrong occasion.

For e.g. she insists on wearing her mamamas (pyjamas) in the morning and shorts at night! She will take out one by one and go, 'this one?' and when I say its not appropriate, she will take out another one and go, 'this one?'. She will look at my choice and say 'No want dress, No! No!' and throw the dress on the floor. Sometimes, she will choose the old faded t-shirt to be worn when going out.

She always insist on wearing her 'back shoes' (black shoes) as it looks dressy. She will try on a few shoes before selecting the final one.

The other day, we went to Parkson and she started trying on clothes on her own. She pulled down clothes on display and put them against herself and said, ' Mummy, see, nice' till I had to tell her to stop as she had 'tried' more than enough clothes! - Looks like I already have a shopping buddy in the making!

I guess I should slow down in buying her clothes on my own as she might just refuse to wear them. Perhaps, I will get her to pick out her clothes when I buy them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she doesn't like to wear her dresses cause they feel tightand that's why she prefers her mamamas cause they're more comfortable!!!

Anonymous said...

Now she wants to choose her clothes, soon she will only want to wear ONE colour. And based on the current Barbie-fication of little girls, pink may just be that colour. Soon you'll have a cute little sirap bandung following you around!

jazzmint said...

wah so fast she's choosy over her clothes liao hehehe...shows that she's a fashionist like mommy mah :)

mom2ashley said...

wow..she knows what she wants! at least she has her mind of her own..that's a good thing right?

chanelwong said...

next time you will have partner for shopping..

Babysmooches said...

I remember the time we used to go window shopping together. Now, it's our kids who's accompanying us. How time flies...