Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mind your language!

Harvynna has become extra sensitive and clingy now - she probably realises there's another baby coming to share her love and attention. Even at the babysitters, she is sensitive and cries and at slightest raising of our voices. She has always been a tough girl and hardly cries even when she falls down. But for now, the moment she falls, she will cry 'Pain! Pain' till we kiss the hurting part.

She picks up things very fast and we have to be careful what we say as she repeats it immediately and uses it when we least expect it!

The other day, I was driving and this stupid car came and cut in front of me causing me to emergency break.
Mummy: Stupid dog
Harvynna: Tupid god

Later that day, I was annoyed with DH and she called him, 'Tupid Daddy'! Hehe, at least she's on my side.'

Blog time
DH and I were talking about blogs and Harvynna suddenly said, There Block' - pointing at her toy blocks!

No daddy
Besides asking daddy to go away, her favourite line is now, Daddy, doon diter (disturb) me!

Fatty
Someone has told her that she is fat. She keeps saying' Fatty boom boom' and when I ask her who is fatty boom boom, she replies , Aina (she calls herself aina)

Treasure hunt
Whenever I ask her to look for things, she will go searching and when she finds it, she will shout ' There - I found it!'

Sibling rivalry
I really have to work at the sibling rivalry. She tends to bite my stomach and say.Dont like baby'.

The hardest part is now trying to wean her off as the dr told me that if I keep feeding her, the body will not produce colustrum for the new baby as it has to produce milk for Harvynna. I tried to explain to her :

Mummy: that milk for baby, baby needs to grow
Harvynna: dont want. Baby milk finish
Mummy: baby is hungry, how to feed baby
Harvynna: mummy make milk baby (pointing to the kitchen)

Have to really work on this now. Going to be a very difficult task as she rejects formula whenever I am there.




6 comments:

jazzmint said...

wow...she feels jealous huh...ask u go make milk somemore!! And u still bf her, that's very GOOD!! How u manage to sustain for so long, give some tips lah :P.

She learns and speak pretty fast too hehe...so cute

Princess Mom said...

Hi Jazzmint
I have been trying to wean her off for sometime now. It was getting easier till recently as she wants it more for comfort. She has been taking formula as well, only bf her at night.

Looks like your babies will be about 2 years apart as well. In a way its good as they can grow up together, but we will have to bear with the jealousy!

Babysmooches said...

hehehehe. Harvynna so cute leh....
Oh, I see sibling rivalry in the near future.....

Princess Mom said...

baby smooches - must get some tips from a pro like you!

chanelwong said...

she is soo cute...we adult now must filter what we say...

chanelwong said...

she is soo cute...we adult now must filter what we say...