Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Back to work!

Went back to work yesterday after 2 months of maternity leave. I feel that 2 months are just too short as the baby is just settling herself in this world. After being in Melaka for 5 weeks, I came back to KL (supposed to get somethings done), but ended up just staying at home. Felt bad about leaving Rowena during the 2 months. So I spend every single minute with her, feeding her, playing with her and just holding her. As I know, once I return to work, I go straight into the peak period and might be busy. I planned to leave the office at 5 sharp but ended up leaving at 6.45 as I had something to finish up. I couldnt wait to go pick up my 2 princesses.

This morning, Rowena was wide awake in her cot, looking at her mobile. She gave me the biggest smile when I came in the room.

Even with Harvynna, I had her with me throughout the 2 months maternity leave.

Now, I take both of them in my car every morning and pick them up. Have their car seats at the left and right of the back seat. Had to put Rowena at the back as well because of the air bag and I cant really see whats going on. So have to ask Harvynna to look and report back to me. Like this morning, poor Rowena started to cry in the car and Harvynna said, 'I think Wowena wants to go Aunty Philo and dink susu' . She even tried singing her a lullaby:

Hush little baby dont cry
Mummy' going to buy you a diamond ring
If that diamond ring don shine
Nana's going to buy you a diamond ring

Harvynna is becoming a really good big sister and is interested in helping out. She wets the cotton, brings Rowena's clothes and rocks her in her rocking chair.

Every morning is such a rush. I have to get ready, feed Rowena, sterlise the Breast pump and get them to the car. This morning, I was in such a hurry that I splilt the bottle of expressed milk. Harvynna kept asking, 'Why spilling? Why the susu spilling?'. Plus Rowena started crying and the traffic was really bad.

This is the first week after all. I am sure things will get better as I get used to this new routine.

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

wow so fast 2 months gone!! Harvynna is really a good helper for u :). No wander nowadays a lot prefer to have girl first, so that can help mommy look after the younger siblings ;)

chanelwong said...

Rina, it is a challenge to handle to young kids , breastfeeding and going to work. You are doing well and soon, you will get use to it..Keep it up ...

Princess Mom said...

Jazzmint - Harvynna helps but does show jealous tantrums too. I am sure Faythe is just as helpful.

Chanel - yes, it is really a challenge keeping my sanity right now!