Thursday, July 27, 2006

Harvynna the little grandmother!

Some articles on toddlers showed that around age 2, children love to do play acting and like to mimic adults behaviour and its so true.

Harvynna now, likes to play cooking and cleaning (a good housewife!) She will play with her cooking set and come and ask me:
Harvynna: Mummy, you want rice?
Mummy: Ok
She will go pretend to make some rice and bring it on a plate for me.
Then:
Harvynna: Mummy, you want some water?
Mummy: Yes, mummy is thirsty.
Harvynna: what else?
Mummy: Mummy wants ice-cream (and I get up to go do something)
Harvynna: Mummy! Your ice cream getting cold!!!

She loves to clean the house with a broom.
Harvynna: The house so dirty. Must clean properly.

And just like a little girl, she loves to dress up and put make up on. The other day, I gave her my old bottle of nail polish and she was so excited.
Harvynna: Mummy: put nail polish for me (putting her feet on my lap)
(and I put some for her)
Harvynna: for my fingers
Harvynna: I want put nail polish for you (she paints my toe nails and my toes!)
Harvynna: So pretty mummy!

Mummy: Tomorrow you show your friends your nail polish ok.
Harvynna: I show Saranya. Don’t show Hansini (her rival at the baby sitters). Don’t let Hansini touch.

The next day, she actually remembered to bring the nail polish to the babysitters to show her friends and was so excited telling me in the car about it.

As the mega sale is here, I went crazy at my favourite shop, ‘Kids Oasis’ at Bangsar Shopping center where I bought lots and lots of stuff for the girls. When I brought it home, Harvynna was so excited at all her new clothes and tried on all her clothes.
When she saw Rowena’s dresses, she asked

Harvynna: Is this Harvynna’s?
Mummy: No, that’s for Rowena.
Harvynna: Is this Harvynna’s skirt? (taking out the skirt from the bag)
Mummy: Yes, it is and she immediately put it on.
Harvynna: I want to show my friends. (and again) – Don’t show Hansini. Hansini naughty girl.

This morning as we were driving to the babysitters, she claimed that her finger was caught in the seat belt.
Harvynna: My finger stuck. Mummy! Mummy
At the traffic lights, I turned behind to console her.

She grabbed my hand tightly and said, ‘Mummy, drive the car. Don’t disturb me’.

With 2 kids at the back seat now, sometimes it gets uncontrollable with Harvynna singing at the top of her voice and Rowena Crying. Whenever Rowena cries, Harvynna either says:

Don’t cry Rowena – we almost there. Little while more

Or

Rowena – Hold your horses!!!



7 comments:

ZMM said...

Hee hee.. she's like a little 'auntie' now huh?

LHS said...

Hahaha...agree what Zara's mama said!

Hello to little auntie!

Jess said...

She is jie jie(elder sister) now, that's why act like that...tell u, sometimes Wien also like that!

IMMomsDaughter said...

At least, Harvynna is cool as a cucumber with the bb crying, can lecture lecture some more :)

chanelwong said...

from who she learn all these ? sound mature for her age...

the mad momma said...

i love ur little girls' names... what do they mean?

Princess Mom said...

zara's mama - she's like an adult in disguise

Hui Sia - haha

Jessyln - maybe that happens with 2 girls!

immomsdaughter - the thing is when Harvynna cries, Rowena starts to cry too!

Chanel Wong - either tv or the other kids at the babysitter

the mad momma - harvynna is actually a combination of my husbands and my name - Harvey and Rina. Rowena was something that sounded elegant. Hope she turns out that way!