Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Children's Zoo



Have been so stressed lately. The babysitter that my girls go to now have a total of 12 kids!!!!!! Its more like a day care center now. When Harvynna first started 2 years ago, it was just the 2 of them and subsequently there were 4 which was not too bad as its like a playgroup. Then one of the mummies had another baby, and the sitter took another 2 kids. This year, with the addition of Rowena and another baby, I thought that was ok. Before I realized, she took in another 3 kids including a 6 month old baby. Actually, one of the additions was recommended by my dear husband. Could have strangled him for opening his big mouth.

I am not so worried about Harvynna as she is bigger and more independent. But little Rowena is only 3 months and needs to be taken care off. What more with her sensitive skin condition.. Lately, the girls have been coming home with some other clothes (not hers) that are too small and I get so irritated. Here I am buying the girls nice clothings all the time and they end up with rubbish.

Also, Harvynna’s nails are really long and she’ s been scratching everyone. Rowena’s is also long and has been scratching her face. Her face looks so red and blotchy.

Really don’t know what to do. On one hand, Harvynna absolutely adores the babysitter and is very comfortable there as she has friends, on the other hand I worry about Rowena.

7 comments:

Jess said...

12 kids in a house? wow, if I will you, probally i'll consider to change babysister lor!

seriously, how the babysister take care all of them equally?

chanelwong said...

wah, how your babysitter manage with soo many kids?

Good thing Jeriel's nanny refuse to take any more kids. Now she is taking 2 sisters (6yr & 10mths) and Jeriel. She told everyone that she cannot handle and reserving herself for Jeriel's sis/bro...

LHS said...

Handling 12 kids under a roof is unacceptable. I think better to find another one asap since Rowena just 3 months old.

Or, you can leave Harvynna there since she loves there and find another babysitter for Rowena. But you will be more tiring to send them to 2 different places.

mom2ashley said...

12 kidssss???? that's a bit toooo much right?? and it is not easy having to take care of a 3 month old baby..i would suggest you fnd another babysitter for your kids' sake..really...

jazzmint said...

12 kids that's a bit over the board!!! If they are all older ones OK lah..but for Rowena, still too young and needs attention lehh

ZMM said...

12 kids? Gosh.. Maybe should swap them to child care, I heard there are some really good ones in Bangsar area, and they include play and teaching, and story telling etc.

How can the babysitter looks after 12kids? *scratching my head*.

Even for me, looking after 2 also I feel I may not give them enough attention.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Good gracious, 12 kids!!! I was already grumbling when my bbsitter had 3. Why don't you try a new bbsitter for both or playshool for Harvynna?