Monday, August 14, 2006

Rowena's jab

Rowena went for her 3 month immunization. (triple antigen)

It was such a hot day that she was feeling out of sorts. She wailed when the jab was given and was squirming around after that. The dr confirmed that she has exzema. Poor gal! No wonder, she gets irritable when she is hot and gets heat rash. We have to be careful when introducing solids to her as she may be allergic to certain food. Now, she has to bathe with water only (no soap allowed! So much for the Eubos soap which cost me RM55). She is on a one week mild steroid treatment.

On Saturday night, she scratched her head till it bled, probably due to the cradle cap.

Other than that, she is perfectly healthy. She has been putting on weight steadily - 1 kg every month and is now a whopping 6.85 kg. She’s going to catch up with her sister soon!

Harvynna, on the other hand enjoyed the visit to the dr. She loves seeing the dr and keeps requesting, ‘I want to see dr’ or ‘Monday, we go see dr ok.’

She entertained herself while the dr was explaining Rowena’s skin condition by doing some acrobats. She was waiting for the dr to give her a sweet.

Last night, Rowena was feeling a little uncomfortable and I mentioned that we need to give her some medicine. Harvynna overheard me and asked, “the medicine for me ah?’. I said, no, its for Rowena. She then followed me to the fridge and started coughing, then said, ‘Mummy, I coughing – I must take medicine’. She kept repeating it a few times, so I let her lick the spoon. What a crook!

6 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

6.85 kg, WOW!Try to let Rowena use mittens for the time being as it'll help with the scratching.

Chocklitmom said...

That's a good weight! Hey, the cry it out method really works huh?

jazzmint said...

wow..6.85kg!!! That's a progress for a 3 months old :).

haha Harvynna is so cute...reminded me of my girl, she wanted to taste my boy's paracetemol when we took him for jab just last friday. They seems to have forgotten how bad it used to taste when we have to force it down their throat huh

ZMM said...

Is Rowena breastfed? I heard breastfeeding helps with Ezcema. I used to apply breast milk on any rashes Zara has, even heat rash on her neck.. it helped.

LHS said...

I saw my mom brought my nephew to sun bathe and early sun really good to clear Eczema.

Irene said...

Good job, mommy! Great weight for the little one. H. is very funny. She cracks me up.