Friday, February 23, 2007

10 months already????????




Rowena will be 10 months this coming Monday. She is really changing from an infant to a toddler and is just 2 months away from her 1st birthday. Time has really, really gone by and I will definitely miss her ‘babyness’. When I look at Harvynna, I can’t believe that she is once a baby too. Just looking at Harvynna now – how she talks, acts, answers backs, fights with us and I know, Rowena will be there soon!

At 10 months, Rowena

Has 2 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth. ( I noticed that there is a gap between her 2 top teeth – it looks cute anyway!)

Can stand-alone without holding anything for a while

Is cruising along well (keeping fingers crossed she will walk on her 1st birthday so she will look pretty in the dress her Aunty Selvy (or rather Grandma Selvy!!! bought her)

Is NOT sleeping through the night – hopefully that will be achieved once she is fully weaned after her 1st birthday. I have done the ignoring bit for a while now and she actually goes back to sleep on her own.

Still says, Wawa, baba, dada, awa etc (something like that). I have not heard any actual words so far – but she seems to understand quite a lot. If I tell her ‘NO’, she will look at me and shake her head profusely, if I ask her ‘where’s the elephant?’, she will look for the elephant picture on the wall. And she knows, what is forbidden as she will go towards the wire for the aircon and will turn to smile at me before touching it!

Since introducing other normal food to her, she is slowly losing interest in her baby food.

Loves to scream for no reason just to attract attention

Likes to dance when listening to music by rocking her body to and fro. Her current favourite is the Chinese New year song!

Likes to look at books, then start chewing at them – hmm, she has destroyed quite a number of Harvynna’s books.

She adores her sister and is always happy to see her or join her play despite getting whacked all the time by her.

The best part is the way she reacts when I go pick her up at the babysitters – she will flap her arms and shout so happily and then crawl as fast as she can to the door lifting her arms up!

And of course, I must proudly say, her favourite person is still Me! Me! Me!

Happy 10 months Rowena – mummy needs to get cracking on your birthday party!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 10 months!

Irene said...

oh my. time does fly. it feels like just the other day you introduce rowena to us.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hi...thanks for dropping by my blog :D Happy 10 months to Rowena. Your girls are soooooo pretty. Wanna pinch Rowena's cheeks :D

etceteramommy said...

Heehee.. this time no more mistake lor.. Happy 10 months. :P

Sasha Tan said...

jayden also has a gap between his two top teeth la! izit memang like dat ?

Nadia said...

Happy 10 months!

Irfan has a bit of gap between his two top teeth as well. I think once all their teeth dah keluar, they'll all be arranged nicely. =)

Princess Mom said...

Mom2Ashley - TQ

Irene - Yeah, soon she will be turning one and there goes my baby days

Mummyto chumsy - welcome welcome and thanks for your kind comments

etcetera mummy - hehe - got it right this time

Sasha and Nadia - I was a bit worried as Harvynna did not have that gap so I thought it was abnormal!!

CL said...

I thought I left a comment.

Anyway, Happy 10 month old, Rowena. Another 2 months to go, then will be 1 year old.

chanelwong said...

Happy 10 months old!!!