Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Rowie is sick


My poor Rowena is sick.

We went to Genting over the weekend as I had something on there. I was working most of the time – so the girls had to make do with daddy. I have been sick since last Wednesday and was really bad on Saturday. So eventually, Rowena got it. This is the first time, she really felt sick as she was so sad, just lied down and cried the whole time. It’s so hard seeing her this way, as she is normally such a happy child.

ON Sunday, we went up to the top, and she got worse. Her temperature shot up. She got tired being carried for long and wanted to sit down. But once we place in in the stroller, she is happier, then falls asleep.

At night, her temperature was high and she was shivering. Luckily, the Avent milk storage ice packs came in handy and I placed that on her forehead. She was in and out of sleep and just wanted her mummy! I was also so exhausted as my event in Genting involved abseiling. So I was sick, exhausted and lack of sleep!

The next morning the paed confirmed that Rowena had a bad throat infection and it was very red and was started on a dose of antibiotics (Augmentin). I stayed in with her while Harvynna was sent to the babysitters. After half a day with mummy, Rowena was a lot better and was almost like her usual self,. Now she is kind of skeptical with anything I feed her due to the chocolate trick. I offered her a biscuit and she shook her head profusely, saying ‘Gaje gaje gaje gaje’ and walked off.

She has lost so much of weight and her face looked so small. Her eyes were also swollen due to the excessive amount of crying.
Feel so sorry looking at her. She is much better today. The antibiotics have kicked in and she is more up and about. She gave me the usual greeting of excitement when I picked her up last night.

During the whole time she was sick, Rowena kept calling out for ‘Mama, mama’ - emm ma’ and comes to cuddle up with me.

Harvynna, on the other hand was really sweet. When we went to pick her up on Monday, she was so excited to see Rowena in the car. She said’Ooh Rowena you are here also. Are you feeling better? You poor baby!’ and gave her few big hugs!


10 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Oh dear... is she better now? Speedy recovery ya..

Anonymous said...

hope she gets better soon. it's so hard to see them sick...

Leena said...

clever girl didnt want to fall for mommy's chocolate trick anymore huh? so clever.
and big sis is being so sweet to sick baby, that's very nice of her.
hope she gets well real soon.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

nothing sadder than seeing an ill, crying baby :(((( poor poor rowena. really hope she'll recover soon! and that bit about what Harvynna said is soo sweet...in years to come they'll be just like me and my sister - we fight like cats and dogs but we love each other to bits :)

jazzmint said...

poor girl, i hope she's getting better.

harvynna after all not so terrible 2 hehe

Anonymous said...

I hope she feels better now. It's amazing how their face can shrink so fast just being sick a few days.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Get well soon Rowena :)I'm sure mommy will be heart pain.

Anonymous said...

Hi--hope she's feeling a bit better? Very sweet about the cuddling.

LHS said...

how is she now? hope she feels better now!

CL said...

Harvynna is so sweet to Rowena. Sisterly love.