Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to school


Happy New Year!


Everything starts again today! Harvynna is back to school and she has been looking forward to it. I brought the girls to trim their hair yesterday and we got her a new school bag and tumbler. How exciting for her!

Its back to me rushing around in the mornings. Waking up, bathing Harvynna, changing her to her uniform, preparing her breakfast and her lunch snack, then taking my bath, get dressed, hurry them to the car, strapping them in their car seats, sending Rowena to the babysitter, then sending Harvynna to school, then rushing to reach my office on time as well. Its rush, rush, rush all the way!

She is now in the big girls class. All the 5 and 6 year old students have their classes upstairs. She seemed a little lost in her new class, as it was made up of mostly new students and only a few from her class last year. You can see all the parents standing outside the classroom trying to settle their kids in. I missed this first day last year as Harvynna joined the school mid-way. I did not stay as Harvynna said 'bye - this is the big girls class! Hope she got through it ok.

Poor Rowena really feels left out. She insisted that I buy her a bag too. Feeling sorry for her, i bought her one, which she really likes. She sleeps with it and its the first thing she asks for when she wakes up. "Where my school bag?' She has taken over Harvynna's old water bottle as well. I asked her why she wants a bag and she replied ' to bring to my bokenhouse'. My new class is upstairs and my teacher is Ms Risha. My bokenhouse got swimming pool. They give me fried rice to eat. Last night, she was busy packing her bag with books and her comb!

Today, she hopped out of bed, demanded for her water tumbler, slung her bag over her shoulder and was ready to go. She really looked like she was going to school too. When I dropped her off at her babysitters place, she brought the bag with her. Poor girl, most children this age have imaginary friends - Rowena has an imaginary school.

5 comments:

jazzmint said...

wow..rowena looks like dying to go school LOL

Family First said...

back to the routine huh? whhich kindy does your girl go to?

Borneo Belle said...

Bless them both! And bless you too for your time management skills. Three cheers! And a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

hahahah...rowena is cute. no picture of her with her beloved school bag?

chanelwong said...

Rowena really want to go school lar....
"when Mummy sending me to school?"