Thursday, January 15, 2009

So different


Just looking at the photos, one can tell that the girls are so different. Harvynna is so ladylike and loves to dress up and look pretty. Rowena, on the other hand wears mismatched clothes and finds it really hard to sit down in one place.
Harvynna has really grown up. She will be 5 in April and is now more into her own things. At home, she prefers to go to her room and read her books or do some writing/colouring (with the door locked), play her computer games, or play with make up. She is very independant and a good helper (though she still drives me up the wall!!). She bathes herself and helps bathe Rowena too. She helps to fold the clothes and put them back in the cupboard. She now knows that when she comes home at night, she has to put her school uniform in the laundry basket and prepare her clothes for the next day. After eating, she has to put everything back in the kitchen. I am the evil mother that slave drives the 4 year old!!
What does Rowena do while Harvynna is busy being a lady? She unfolds the clothes Harvynna has folded, she pours all the soap on the floor while Harvynna bathes her. there was once where she threw her bottle of Eubos in the toilet bowl. She jumps on the bed while Harvynna is reading and switches the computer game on and off and on and off while Harvynna is playing. She takes my makeup and makes up the wall, then comes out off the room complaining that Harvynna created all the ruckus.
I do enjoy Rowena's babyness although I cant understand how someone so small can be up to so much mischief. Harvynna has become a like a friend now. I hurt my back at the gym the other day, and she warned me 'You better not do the back kick or you will pull your muscle again' and she will rub my back if she sees I am in pain. All Rowena says is 'Very good for mummy, your back is pain'.

5 comments:

Irene said...

o... how true. I can totally relate. at home, hailey has taken to calling jenna "stitch" from the lilo and stitch movie. she's like a little trouble maker and pseudo monster. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I now totally understand why my mum is so close with my sis. U c, I'm the 2nd child n hv suffered the 2nd child syndrome (n still do sometimes...pathetic i know). I was so much like rowena. Even till recently (m 35 btw). I told my mum to wear flats or snickers to kuala gandah but NO, she wore a nice pair of shoes wit heels (not so high though) n while taking photos, she twisted her ankle. My sis immediately went to get ice while I stood there like a rock n said "c, i told u not to wear heels"!!! My sis is so much like yr older one. Did all the housework, was so caring to mum while i was so mischevious. Btw, i know yr friend Shui-yee. She n i were in the same school n the same dreadful piano class.
-Vanitha-

Anonymous said...

Harvynna is truly a gem. I'm sure after awhile Rowena will pick up all the traits from sister as she grow. :D

Family First said...

hahahahaha so funny. i wonder if I was like Harvynna and my sis like ROwena .. need to check with mom.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

i think harvynna is really a perfect older sister and on the other hand, rowena's a real riot and what a colourful character she has! indeed u have two unique, beautiful girls! and the most awesome thing is that u're doing a great job on them. i love the fact that they're so independent. any tips on how u got them to be that way?