Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The girls and their school


Harvynna's school has released their after school programmes. I must say I am pretty impressed with what they offer this year. All the programmes are good, but I chose Speech & Drama by Helen O'Grady and Tae - Kwan-do, which means she stays back twice a week for this. I always wanted to enrol her for Speech and Drama, but due to timing issues, it had to be on hold. I also managed to arrange transport for this with one of the school teachers, so another headache solved. I may send Rowena for Speech and drama at the school as well in April since it is so convenient. Gosh, with these extra classes, the total fees (all in) for Harvynna alone is over RM1k a month and that does not include the babysitter!

Having children in the Klang valley is not cheap at all. One of my staff joked that the amount spent on my 2 kids is equivalent to the monthly installment of a BMW X5. How true!! They better appreciate this!!

I finally have settled the kids activities and school for the year, so am really relieved.
______________________________________________________________
How was Rowena's second day at school? I dropped her off, told her bye and gave her a big hug. She looked a little lost, but I did not stay. When I picked her up, the teacher told us that she looked like she was about to cry but they distracted her with some toys and she was ok. Rowena told me again' i like this school. I really like it here!!'

Harvynna is doing well in school. Her teacher is very gentle with the kids. A bit too gentle, I feel. I am just a little concerned at the math programme they do - it looks too easy for a 5 year old class. Dont want Harvynna to get bored. I know the school is not into drilling the kids as they are montessori based and emphasis learning through play but, hmm, just hope she will be ok.

Yesterday, the children in her class had to talk about their parents. Harvynna came to the front and said, 'My mummy works in xxxxxx'. The teacher asked her, 'What does your mummy do there?' Harvynna was not sure and said ' She is the boss. She sits in her own room'. Then her teacher asked 'Is she the principal?' and Harvynna replied 'No, she owns the school!!!!" Then the teacher asked her 'Where does daddy work?' and she paused for a while ' in the office.... dont know what he does la!!"

Haha. Today the teacher asked me and I laughed. Children always look up to their parents and think whatever they do must be something important!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very unique blog.
Great pictures.

Please visit:

http://youngeveryday.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good day.

chanelwong said...

yup...mantaining kids in Klang Valley is expensive...

I have wanted to enrol Jeriel to all these enrichment classes but then location n money are the issue...

So glad to see the 2 girls are soo big now...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, that's very costly man! But the pre-school sounds very impressive, they have such good extra curricular activities. May I know the name of the pre-school and where is it?

Anonymous said...

Speech and drama is a good choice. I also plan to enrol my boy when he is older. Harvynna likes Tae Kwan Do? I used to learn a bit of the sport when I was younger (hehehe.. yellow belt only) after which I switched to ballet :P

Babysmooches said...

hahaha. that's funny. Brendan answered something similar in front of the class, telling the teacher & everyone that "my mummy's occupation is the boss"! hehehe

jazzmint said...

yup, kids are high maintenance in KL :(..haha she's so funny, mommy is big boss in school eh LOL