Monday, January 04, 2010

New year, new routine







The school holidays flew by so quickly and its back to a new school year. This time, Rowena starts kindy as well and she was so excited as she gets to don a new uniform like her sister and act all grown up. The good thing is that Harvynna goes to the school, so I dont really have to worry about Rowena feeling lost. She looked really cute in her oversized uniform (am hoping she can wear them for the next 3 years!!) and her 2 ponytails.

When I woke them up this morning, they immediately jumped out of bed in excitement, despite the rain.

I had brought them to school on Saturday, to pay their fees (left a big hole in our pockets) and for Rowena to familiarise herself with the teachers and school. The good thing about their kindy is it is very warm and everyone knows everyone. So even, all the other teachers teachers gave Rowena a warm welcome as they had all known that Harvynna's lil sister would be joining the school.

When I dropped them off this morning, Rowena immediately went to her class, put her bag in the allocated shelve and sat down with her teacher quietly. I waved goodbye to her and she waved back smiling. No tears, no wailing....she just sat down. I went upstairs to check on Harvynna, and of course the school being HER territory, she was very comfortable and had reserved seats for her friends from the previous class. Harvynna got her wish as the teacher she got was the one she requested for and Rowena got the strict teacher!!

I just called the school to check if Rowena was ok, and they said that she was fine and did not cry one bit. Well done, Rowena. I am so proud of you. I actually felt a bit bad as all the other parents stayed back with their child, while I went in, saw that they were ok, and left immediately, but at the same time, I felt proud that I have 2 independant kids.

Cant wait to hear her version of what happenned in school.

With Rowena in school, my mornings are going to be more hectic, having to get them both ready, prepare their breakfast, get myself ready and send them to school, and head off to work. Harvynna was more independant and used to shower and dress herself for school. Now, she ensures Rowena has her breakfast while I shower. Its helps that they do everything together.

3 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I thought H is going to Std 1 this year. She's only in her final kindy year? She looks, thinks and acts very maturely. She's a very responsible big sis, she even ensures R eats her breakfast.

Babysmooches said...

They're both growing up fast. Harvynna is such a wonderful girl, and very matured too.

Family First said...

Oh my god! This picture of your elder girl .. looks so much like you lah!!!!!!