Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Childhood of Memories of Food

Just realised that I got 'tagged' by http://babysmooches.blogspot.com. Hey, you owe me a free log tuition for this. The subject is on Childhood memories of food. Hmmm, let me think .........

  • Satay Celup

If I am not mistaken this is a Melaka speciality. Haven't really found it anywhere else. Its just like a steamboat, just that you dip the stuff into a nice curry sauce. Really yummy and spicy. The best part is dipping the bread inside as you really get to taste the sauce. It's still around in Melaka but nowadays seldom go due to hygiene reasons.

  • A & W Waffles

Still love it until today, but looks like the portion has shrunk. Just pour the honey and add the butter and the whole thing melts in your mouth. Melaka did not have a A &W until much later, so once in a while as a treat, my dad will drive to the A & W in Seremban for us to enjoy!

  • Nyonya Pineapple tarts

Have tried many types of tarts but none are as good as these. It is bigger, the pastry is is different and there is much more filling inside. Yummy Yummy!

  • Butter icing cakes

These are really out of this world. You can't buy if from any cake shop - has to be specially ordered (home made). Normally for birthdays. Couldnt wait for any birthday to be able to enjoy the cake. The icing is so delicious. I will always choose the part of the cake with the most icing. I realised in KL, there are many home businesses making this type of cake. More so now, since I attend many birthday parties, the butter icing cakes are no longer something enjoyed on rare occasions.

  • Chicken ala king

Yummy creamy chicken with butter rice. Always ordered this when we go to the Malacca Club . Simply delicious. Haven't had this in a long time. Any ideas where I can find it in KL?

Bon Apetit!

As for the linking and to tag other people, errr I dont know how to do it. Waiting for the tuition class....

1 comment:

Babysmooches said...

bravo! u did it! I know u're gonna mention cake somewhere. I thought it would be cheesecake or tiramisu! haha