Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A lazy day

Yawn! Am feeling so sleepy right now. It’s a public holiday in Selangor and we Klites have to work. Instead of having a quiet lunch with my colleagues, I have to meet our member for lunch, so its working through lunch and being fake and interested in what he does!

Been so sleep deprived. Rowena seems to be waking up a million times at night. She is getting used to being nursed to sleep. I have to kick this habit of hers. Harvynna did not overcome this till after Rowena was born. What makes it worse, is that Harvynna and Rowena sleep in their own room. So every night, I put both the girls to sleep in their room, when Rowena is asleep, I put her in her cot and when Harvynna is in dreamland, I go to my room.

If or rather, when Rowena wakes up and cries, I quickly go get her (don’t want her to wake up Harvynna) and bring her to my room. Then when she sleeps, I bring her back to her room, into her cot. If I don’t get Rowena fast enough, Harvynna will start to cry and want attention too. Then we have 2 girls sreaming their head off at 2 am. So that’s what I do every night – go in and out of the 2 rooms!!

Harvynna has not been too well, either. She has been having fever, on and off. Must be the haze. She told me yesterday, ‘you know, actually the haze is very bad!’

This morning, Rowena flipped over, from front to back. Only daddy saw it, as I was away in the kitchen. I will have to see it for myself. When she sees me, she has the look of,’Give me my susu, now’, so there’s no flipping over.

Looking forward to my looonnng break next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one hard working mama, running from one room to another in the middle of the night. Why not put Rowena in your room so that you feel less stressed?

Anonymous said...

Better idea, don't nurse her to sleep. I did the nursing to sleep with Belle and I kinda regretted doing that. She depended on my boobs to sleep but we managed to turn things around when I had to be on a biz trip. The daddy has to help in this process..so, get your hubby put both the girls to bed..hehe. :)

jazzmint said...

aiyoo..running around the rooms during the nites will surely be very tiring. Can imagine that. Sometimes I feed my boy with my eyes close, one hand holding him one hand pumping LOL

Yah..better kick off the habit fast or else trouble lerr.

Nadia said...

Yah, you should stop nursing her to sleep. And get her to be in your room so that you don't have to run to the other room when she wakes up and also let Harvynna sleep peacefully. I stopped nursing Irfan after 2 months as my milk was depleting and I was tired at work. So, we gave him the bottle and he is fine and until today, daddy wakes up to feed him (Irfan usually wakes up once, unless very hungry, then two times). So, get your hubby to help out. It'll do wonders to you! =)

ZMM said...

that's the thing about breastfeeding huh?

I would prefer to sleep on the same bed with the baby if I'm breastfeeding.. makes it so easy.

Babysmooches said...

maybe can practice flipping while breastfeeding? :P