Monday, October 16, 2006

Rowena's teething


I think Rowena is teething. Not sure about it but she sure has the symptoms like diarrhea, fever and very irritable. She also keeps rubbing her gums and drools a lot. I tried to feel her gums,but could not feel anything. If I recall with Harvynna, her first tooth came out without any fuss. It's different from child to child.So she has been very clingy over the weekend. Poor Gal! Does not help when Harvynna jumps on her and pinches her. Don’t know why, but Harvynna has been very naughty lately.

Was so annoyed with her over the weekend, I shouted at her,’Don’t irritate me early in the morning,’ and she replied, ‘you irritate me first! then she does this blink blink blink with her eyes like she is mad with me. Then she complains to daddy,’mummy is angry with me. She scolded me in her room and in Rowena’s room!

It must be that she has so much energy and if she does not release it, she goes crazy.

Anyway, despite the heavy downpour yesterday, Harvynna and I went to collect our cookies that we ordered. It was really yummy. We had planned to go the hair salon to trim her fringe, but due to the rain, we stayed in the car for a while and finished half of the peanut butter cookies, which was simply delicious!

Looking forward to more cookies the next 2 weeks. Also plan to start Rowena on solids. Hopefully her she would have cut her tooth by then, or I will have to postpone the introduction of solids.




7 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

"You irritate me first"..ha ha..she is good at answering back & complaining to the daddy :)

Anonymous said...

She's good at talking back huh? Very susah, huh? Hahaha..just take it easy la! Maybe you should enrol Harvynna to a Gymboree club. Let her burn all the energy in that little body of hers.

I've read somewhere that it is good to give the child their "personal time". You can put her in her room..let her read books, play on her own for an hour. It will keep them calm. Try and let me know if it works..hehe. :P

Nadia said...

Waaaahhh, she sounds like me when I was 6 (I'm the eldest and when my brother arrived 6 years after, I was very jealous! Haha! But we're very close now..). Yah, maybe you should send her somewhere to release all those energy she's got. It'll probably do everyone good. =)

Poor Rowena, I hope she's better now.

shamaine said...

harvynna looks like aunty twinkle in the photo! yes..hopefully harvynna will be as vain as i am now..

LHS said...

Harvynna really pandai cakap already!

jazzmint said...

wahh..so pandai to answer back hahaha...

Babysmooches said...

Rina, my gosh.... Harvynna is really looking more and more like you as she grows older....