Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy 10 months Rowena!



Rowena will be 10 months tomorrow. My little baby has grown, grown and grown. When I look at her now, I cant believe how big she has become. She now is able to play independantly by crawling to her toys and taking them out and putting them in her mouth! (as long as I am in sight), otherwise, she will start wailing wuaaaaagh and crawling to look for me!

Rowena is cruising now and can stand momentarily on her own without holding anything. So I guess, she should start walking soon. Gosh, once they start walking - they are no longer little babies and start to be more independant.


The hair on top of her head has grown very well (the hair that fell off due the cradle cap), but the hair at the back of her head is still like that (not much hair and sticks out everywhere). Everyone still thinks she is a boy that I really have to dress her in real girlie clothes. Dont wnat her becoming a tomboy later. She looks a lot like her dad (sigh!) but has the kind, pleasant personality like her mummy. Ceh!

I still have not ventured far where her feeding is concerned due to her allergy problem but she has tasted chocolates, ice cream, chocolate cake (all my favourite food) and seems to LOVE it.

Looking at her development now, I can safely say that Rowena enjoys shopping and going out. The moment we head towards the door, she starts flapping her arms and grinning away and whenever we take her out shopping, she seems so excited - laughing. Now, she does not like to sit still in her pram as she will try to stand up, climb out of the pram which is quite dangerous.

She indulges in baby talk now with wawa, adada, baba, aagh etc. I could have sworn she said mama, but then again.... you never know.

She recognizes her favourite songs, like Twinkle Twinkle little star, where she tries to imitate my hand movement but ends up clasping her hands together, moving it up and down and then FINALLY, it goes in her mouth!

Her other favourite songs are Itsy Bitsy spider and Baa Baa Black Sheep. I now play Harvynna's Musikgarten CD in the car and Rowena tries to follow the tune - just aa aa aa!

Oh yes, the spots she had was actually a bad case of exzema - still trying to figure out what was the cause, but she is really scratching especially behind her ear till it bleeds. Her face looks like she has an acne problem.

Now that Rowena is 10 months, and bigger I have actually taken the 2 girls out shopping on my own a few times but only as far as Bangsar village! Since its small and safe (i Hope) and the parking lot is small and well lit. Besides, I must say that the staff at Bangsar Village are really helpful. They always unlock the disabled toilet for me when I go with the girls as its much bigger and easier and the cleaner actually comes and asks if I need any help and even brings extra toilet paper for me.

Even the staff at the parking lots are really helpful. The other day, I was pushing the pram, Harvynna in one hand and Rowena in the other, the guy actually helped by pushing the pram and told me to hang on to the girsl properly as sometimes cars tend to speed. I felt quite bad, as Harvynna was running around wildly earlier and I told her, to be careful or the 'naughty man will catch her. Just to make my story real, I pointed to the car park staff (from a far la) and told her that was the 'naughty man'. She was actually quite scared when he came to help us. Later, in the car, Harvynna asked me 'Why the naughtly man helped us? I thought you said he was naughty???'

Errr? Never lie to your children!



p/s" Thanks Aunty Selvy for the photos

6 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

OO happy 10 months old! nearly the same as Jayden eh? and she has soo much hair la. Whats the secret?

Anonymous said...

How time flies. 10 months and yes soon she'll be running around.Sophea is 3 months today and if you want to see her in action log on to hazian81.multiply.com and watch her videos.

jazzmint said...

happy 10 months!!! time flies huh...hey she looks like a girl lah, not like a boy at all lehh

Nadia said...

Happy 10 months! Irfan'll be 10 months in about 9 days or so. Sigh. Time flies!!!!

mom2ashley said...

wow time really flies and she's 10 months old already!???? so fast!

LHS said...

Wah, already 10 months old, time really flies oo..
Soon you will have 2 chatterboxes at home..