Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rowena waves bye bye

That’s right – Rowena can now wave bye bye. If you say ‘Bye’ to her automatically, she will start waving her hand and smiles.

Seperately, Rowena has been having some spots - first on her arms, then some on her right cheek and one or 2 on her legs and it spread a little. At first I thought it was her allergy but now I am not too sure.

I brought her brought her to see the doctor and he said it might be chicken pox. She had a mild fever as well but was not confirmed. So there was I, with a hyperactive toddler in one hand, a possible chicken pox infected infant in another.


So that was that. I myself have not got chicken pox before and am not really sure how it looks like or what it entails. Anyway, Harvynna and I have got the vaccination.

Anyway, the dr says, that if Rowena does have it, it will be very mild as she is still small, plus she receives some of the immunity from the breast milk.



6 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

Oh No....Hope that its not chicken pox!

ZMM said...

Oh boy.. have she has her chic pox vacination?

Zara recently contracted chic pox too.. but she recovered real quickly since she had her chic pox vacination and she went on this anti-viral medication.

Hope it isn't chic pox though for Rowena.

Princess Mom said...

Sasha - I dont think it is. But the spots are still there

Zara's mama - no, she's too young to have the vaccination. Wow, you mean you can still contract the virus after the jab?

jazzmint said...

aiyo..chick pox season huh, gotta be careful

Anonymous said...

I had chicken pox when I was 23. Notable locations inc: on the scalp, back of the neck and chest. Hope it's just heat-rash!

LHS said...

But i heard vaccination can't fully protect kids away from chicken pox.