Friday, April 06, 2007

Birthday plans


Sometimes I forget that Harvynna has grown up and has a mind of her own. I have been busy planning for the upcoming birthday celebrations and unlike Harvynna’s 1st birthday bash, I planned everything from A-Z without consulting anyone. After all a 1 year old’s party, is more for the parents.

So this year, I am planning a joint party since their birthdays are close together and have chosen a butterfly theme – easy, sweet and suitable for 2 girls. Earlier Harvynna was ok with it, but now, after I had printed the cards, got the decorations, ordered the cake, she has changed her mind.

I ordered a butterfly cake for her and when I asked her, she said ‘I don’t want – so ugly. I want a princess and snow white and cinderella’ Big oooppps there. She asked me to give the ugly cake to Rowena. As I was planning to order the cakes from 2 different places, I now have to give Rowena the butterfly cake and order the princess cake from the other place. They sent me like 20 different pictures and my eyes have popped out trying to choose them – my colleagues have given me different opinions on which is the nicest.

What a headache just choosing the cake. And now Harvynna is annoyed with me and said ‘I don’t want you to come to my party!’

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha..this girl of yours sure is strong-willed. Luckily you had asked her. Imagine you didn't and you will end up with a sulky toddler during her bday party.

LHS said...

Haha..she really cute la..hope today she changes her mind and allows you to attend her big day! LOL!

etceteramommy said...

Heehee.. Harvynna really has a mind of her own there. Very opinionated huh...Tell her no mummy, no party.. Muahahaha...

Anonymous said...

LOL! she now has her own mind...good luck in planning for all the bdays!

Mom's The Cook said...

Harynna is really a big girl. It's funny she doesn't want you to come to her party. Luckily Rowena doesn't know much yet. Otherwise she prefers another cake too :D