Friday, April 20, 2007

My baby is almost a toddler


My baby is almost a year old.

I met Baby Asha yesterday and while carrying her, I realized that Rowena has really grown and in 5 days time – wont be a baby anymore. Asha is so tiny and I can carry her with one hand. She just lies there and kicks around and Rowena was once like that. Now, Rowena is happily toddling around, emptying the contents of the dustbin, walking around and taking whatever she wants.(which reminds me, I need to change her carseat to the toddler one as she is pretty squashed up in the old one!!

As Rowena turns one, she can now

‘talk’ on the phone – she puts the telephone to the ear and says ‘uh, uh.uh’ and smiles .

She loves music and is into ‘Fun Song Factory’ (Harvynna’s influence). When she hears the songs, she will bounce up and down and wave her hands. Not sure if this was coincidence but at the part ‘stand up sit down, keep moving’ she will bend down for a few seconds and come up again.

She opens and closes her hands to Twinkle Twinkle Little star

Can clap her hands

Gets upset if you take away something from her

Can understand very simple instructions like ‘bring the ball to mummy’ and she will give it to me and take it back again!

Hates to be confined to her high chair – she will stand up, and climb onto the tray

Loves to disturb the tv and remote control

Put toys into a container

LOVES to BITE!! Her 4 teeth are very sharp and her bites are very painful. She enjoys doing that and gives a big grin if you yell in pain. Need to buy some sandpaper to smoothen her teeth

She takes my hairbrush and combs her hair.

She enjoys banging toys together and picks up things quite fast by watching others.

Its’ getting extremely hard to change or dress her as she will stand and try to climb everywhere. Normally, it’s a real battle and she will end up crying.

Rowena is very independent when I am not around, but if I am around, she wants her’ma-ma’ all the time. Well, I should enjoy it before she goes though her oedipal phase!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah! i think i know who u r now,,,saw u in a gym before....

Anonymous said...

it's so fast that she's going to be a toddler ya? I still remember when she was a tiny lil baby

LHS said...

time really flies, Rowena is going to be 1 soon..i still remember your confinement time..:)

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

my God how time flies. I look at Gibran and i think he's growing much too fast too. And he's only 4 months old! Can't imagine him walking around....

And thanks for the post on oedipal stage! An eye-opener :D

CL said...

Happy Birthday, Rowena. Am I the first person to greet her?

chanelwong said...

Time flies...like yesterday got news that you were pregnant...

mommy of 3 angels said...

happy birthday rowena!! happy blowing ur 1st candle!

dun worry maybe she is stuck to u...this one...just like my girls...they dun have that oedipal...episode which i sometimes wish for!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Love the photo of Rowena. She's so chubby. Cute!

Princess Mom said...

Laundryamah - oops!!

Mom2ashley - one year just flew by!

Hui Sia - ya, I feel like I just delivered rowena

Babybooner - the first 1 year is really amazing as they change from a helpless lil baby to a happy toddler

Malaika's mummy - yes, yes, yes! thank you

Chanel - and now Jeriel and Harvyyna are already 3

Mummy of 2 angels - I hope so too

Mummy to chumsy - Thank you

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ROWENA!

Sorry delayed wish la honey..

Sasha Tan said...

she bites ah? luckily mine dun bite...but she looks so cute la.. After she bite she will give u one angelic look eh? How to scold her? haha