Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April is here and rowena is walking!





It’s April and it rains and rains. April is always a really hectic month for me as everyone around me is celebrating their birthday - first there is my hubby on April 9th, Harvynna on April 12th, my dad on April 20th, and Rowena on April 25th. Wow, 4 birthdays, so I will just be broke this month and next month and the month after that!!

Plus, my organization has revamped the review year and our reviews are now in April – so just had an appraisal and a slight increment, Yeah!

So its present hunting time – went to the Mattel Warehouse sale last week and it was really, really great. I think I spent the least among everyone there. People were buying like boxes and boxes of things, some bought a few of each. Everything was so cheap. You can tell how much profit Mattel must be making with the mark –up of prices on normal days. Luckily I went on the first day (during working hours) as there was still a lot of stuff. I bought the Dora talking dollhouse for Harvynna, the Little People Zoo for Rowena and a few Barbie items to give as gifts. I did not buy much as I went alone and could not carry everything, as the dollhouse was so big and heavy. The place was so congested that there was no parking, had to go a few rounds and finally found a spot. Then it started to rain!! Gosh, had to rush with all the things back to my car. There was actually this sweet guy, who appeared from nowhere and said,’Hujan dek’, and actually held the umbrella over my head while I loaded my car. I think I must have this ‘damsel in distress’ look as I experienced things like this many times before.

I took 2 days off last week to run some errands and prepare for the girls upcoming party. Managed to sort out the venue and run through the menu, bought the gifts for the games, booked and confirmed details with the entertainer and ordered the balloons. The only outstanding thing is the cakes. Have 2 options and have not decided.

Since we have to celebrate birthdays after the actual date, we have chosen the 28th of April to celebrate the party. Harvynna is really excited about the party. This year, she can really appreciate it and enjoy the programme and participate in the activities. She tells everyone that ‘her birthday is on April 12 and she will be 3’ and ‘Rowena’s birthday is on April 25’ and will be one’. I asked her if she was willing to share a cake with Rowena and of course, she said ‘NO!’

Anyway, lil Rowena is walking now and she walks and walks and walks. Hubby says she looks like a chimpanzee when she walks – like BJ and the Bear!

So my wish of her walking on her 1st birthday has come true.




10 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

eh very funny wan when they started to walk...like bounce bounce lidat , so cute!

Anonymous said...

April seems to be filled with birthdays...and that's real nice..it's great to celebrate these special days with our near and dear ones...ad well for some amazing resources you can also drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw.. Rowena is walking now!! Well done!

I heard about the Matel sales, but I didn't have my car (sent in for repair).. what a shame.. I would have bought a lot.

etceteramommy said...

So many April *babies* :P

*Pokai* (Broke) lor like that....

Rowena can walk @ 11 months.. that's really fast!! Soon, she'll be running..

CL said...

Rowena is a fast learner. Can walk so early.

Malaika is still pretty timid when it comes to walking. Too afraid to let go of her hands. Keep on holding to something for security.

Anonymous said...

One more milestone for Rowena.:) My family is like yours, my sis, dad and myself have bdays on April.

Princess Mom said...

sasha - ya, its really cute when they start walking, with their hands out trying to balance themselves

Zara's mama - what a pity - it was really good but can end up broke!

Etcetera Mummy - soon they will be running and we will be chasing them!

Vien - hehe another April family. All Aries?

Malaika's mummy - she will walk soon, but hold on to those cute cruising and crawling days. YOu will miss them later

LHS said...

Wow..everyone in your house was born in April..that's great as can celebrate together..but money sure used like water la..

Bravo to Rowena!

jazzmint said...

wah, busy birthday month LOL...me oso got 1 this month.

bravo, rowena walking liao, soon gonna keep u on ur toes

Nadia said...

Yay for Rowena! Irfan still refuses to walk. Hrmmppphhh!