Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And we all fall down


The last couple of weeks have been all about falling. Anyway, they say things come in 3's, so I guess no more falling down. About 3 weeks ago, just before the Merdeka celebrations, I had a fall near my office and had quite a deep cut on my knee. Then last week, Rowena fell down and bumped her head and last weekend Harvynna fell.

This was scary as she fell down the escalator at Bangsar Village. We were rushing for their Gymboree class and I was holding their bag and carrying Rowena. Harvynna has this thing about looking everywhere else but infront when she walks and she missed a step and fell and almost hit her head back. Luckily there was a lady behind us that quickly pulled Harvynna up, but she was so scared and started crying. She was unhurt but a bit shaken.

I hope she has not developed a phobia for escalators as on the way back she told me to take the elevator. She stood infront of the escalator and said 'I dont want to go here'. Oh dear!

Honestly, I have never liked taking the girls on the escalator, more so if I am pushing their stroller, I will always opt to take the elevator. Escalators are like a moving disaster waiting to happen.

13 comments:

Irene said...

HUGS to all the girls. Hopefully nothing else happens!

CL said...

me too, I dread going on the escalatoss while pushing stroller. Sometimes, elevators are just too slow.

jazzmint said...

aiyoo..i also hate the escalator!!!

etceteramommy said...

Same here, I will try to avoid escalator if I could. But like MM said, elevator is just too slow and packed.. and I think by right strollers are not allowed on escalator. Check out the sign...

Sasha Tan said...

Phew luckily nothing bad happened. Did u see the picture in the star about the boy who got his fingers trapped at the escalator? scary

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh dear...hope everyone is fine now. I also dislike escalators. When I'm alone, I'll take the lift.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

poor harvynna! yeah escalators are an accident waiting to happen when u have kiddies on strollers. thats why i hate going to KLCC nowadays coz it take AGESSSSS to wait for the lift. such a big complex and so few elevators. hmff

Anonymous said...

Hi Hmom--sounds like you were all "catching" the falling from each other (smile)! Escalators can be tricky for little ones. Elevator is more secure.

Nadia said...

Oh no!!! Thank god she's okay. And yeah, I hate using the escalator when I'm pushing Irfan's stroller too. But sometimes, waiting for the damn lift just takes forever that I have no choice but to opt for the escalator lah. Sigh.

chanelwong said...

Escalator is dangerous..hope she will overcome her fear...

Health Freak Mommy said...

I hv phobia of escalators too when I'm on them with my 2 gals - they like to place their hands on the sides of the escalators and that's very dangerous too. Luckily Harvynna wasn't hurt.
I hv an even greater fear of elavators coz i was once trapped alone inside for 1/2 hr! So i think escalators are safer if you're with your kids.

Babysmooches said...

Gosh! i really don't know whether to laugh or cry... sorry, don't mean to be bad, but this brought back memories to our good ol' days.... I remember you telling me about your "walk" in bangsar to meet the handsome fella, remember?? hehe

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.. looking e.where but not in front..

I have to remind Zara all the time where she was going.