Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rowena fell down and bumped her crown

Poor Rowie. She is just so hyperactive these days. She climbs up the cot rails, she climbs up the sofa, she climbs onto any chair she sees, she climbs up the grill in our house - our little monkey girl.

On sunday night, while the 2 of them were monkeying around on their bed trying to grab some books, in a mere split second, as I turned to look at Harvynna, Rowena was on the floor, and her forehead hit the ground. She paused for a few seconds before she wailed and I noticed that there was a huge bump on her forehead. i was so terrified, she cried and cried and Harvynna cried too as I could not finish reading her book!!! That was till she saw the bump on Rowena's head and she too was concerned. Luckily, the bump subsided overnight (hubs put some ice on her head)

I think I need to fully pad up my house now. I have this phobia whenever Rowena is at the edge of the bed now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

first comment :)

how is rowena? poor thang..
but falling off the bed is kind of a rite passage for both babies and parents.
as long as she's responsive and aware of the pain, then it's good.

btw, she's such a cutie!!

chanelwong said...

Hope her bump bump will subside soon....Poor girl..you are strong yar...

Everyday Healy said...

Poor Rowena! luckily the bump subsided so fast.

Hai... All kids and babies are the same. Even though they fall, but they will just leave all the pain behind in the next morning, leaving us so unsettled with the injury. haha....

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh no..poor baby. hope the bump has subsided.

jazzmint said...

oo dear, poor thing, hope it's no biggie

Chinneeq said...

Poor baby, i hope she is ok by now. next time dont climb high-high ya, Rowie :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Hmom--two little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped her head.
Momma called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

I think that might be the new rule (smile).

Babysmooches said...

I think we should let our kids meet. It's been a while :-)

IMMomsDaughter said...

Poor Rowena...as long as she is fine, don't worry too much about the bump. It happens to all our monkeys. LOL.

Princess Mom said...

Gosh, I can finally open blogger now. I could not open any blogspot sites, and could not leave any comments either. For a moment there, I thought my company banned us from viewing blogspot.!!

Thanks for your comments and concern. Rowena is fine.

The new parent - that was funny and I sang it to my girls yesterday and Harvynna thought it was funny too!

Nadia said...

Oh dear! Hope she's better now. Irfan bumps his head ever so often too. Sigh. Pakai helmet boleh? Hehehe!

etceteramommy said...

Oh dear.. I jus read about this. Hope she is better now. What I did is I actually put carpet beside the corners of the bed so to absorb the impact rather than hitting directly to the marble floor. Ryan fell a few times also but he never cried just merajuk a bit. So I guess that helps...