Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween!



The girls have been looking forward to Halloween this year. The experience Harvynna had at the party last year was great, that she insisted to attend another one this year. This year, Rowena came as well as she looked really adorable in her witch costume. As it was the same costume Harvynna wore last year (and won), I decided to bring them to the Mega Kidz party instead. The costume is really nice. It was a gift from my sister in law. Have to find a different venue next year, if Rowena were to wear it again!




Mega Kidz Halloween Bash is really packed with activities. The 3 hours went by very quickly. Thank God!! or I would have had a heart attack, handling the 2 girls on my own amidst 50 other kids. Most of the kids that came were about6-10 years old as Mega Kidz groups everyone together. Unlike Kidzspots that breaks the groups into 2. So, some of the activities were too much for the younger kids. Both Harvynna and Rowena came out crying from the Haunted House. The trick or treat session was quite fun. The girsl collected lots of sweets. Rowena took the opportunity to do her usual running round inside the stores hoping to collect more sweets.


I knew Rowena would win a prize as her costume did stand out and everywhere she went, the 'judges' stopped her to ask for her number as they were selecting the winners. I was starting to get worried as it would be a disaster if Harvynna did not win. It is really getting quite difficult now, as Rowena gets a lot of attention when we go out. strangers just stop and comment how cute she is, while Harvynna just stands there next to her. I feel so bad for Harvynna as I dont want to cause competition and sibling rivalry. I am sure she feels it.






They called out the winnners from 10th place upwards. Harvynna was happy to be the 5th place winner. She did not know about the placing - to her she had won a prize. Then Rowena was upset, as she did not get a prize and was whining away. I was confident that Rowena will win and true enough, she was the runner up for the contest. So both the girls went back happy and contented. Its difficult having 2 girls as the competition level can be really high!

Harvynna had a Halloween party in school yesterday, and wore her pumpkin princess costume again. Rowena threw a fit, 'why Harvynna wearing like that? I also want. I also want pretty. Where is my dress? and starting rolling on the floor with the biggest tantrum. I put on an old party frock for her and told her it was a princess dress! That kept her quiet.




















1 comment:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your gals look so cute in their costumes!