Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shopping Woes


Everytime I take the girls to the mall myself, I end up kicking myself and wonder why I put myself through this kind of torture. Harvynna is quite easy to handle as she loves the mall. The only thing is she MUST have a drink in some café with cake. It cant be the mamak opposite as it has no air conditioning – it has to be a café. Even if she has a hearty meal before that, she will always say, ‘I did not eat much, I am still hungry’ or she will ask me’ Mummy, you haven’t eaten right? Better eat something’

Rowena on the other hand drives me up the wall everything we go out. She refuses to walk properly or hold our hand. She will hop everywhere or just run out of sight, touch and pull everything. Then she gets tired and insists on being carried. If she does not get what she wants, she will sit on the floor and scream ‘Mummy, come here now and carry me!’ I am already fuming mad and dead tired.

Yesterday, we had to go to the Megamall as Harvynna’s school needed a white t-shirt for t-shirt painting. Its really difficult to get a plain white t-shirt nowadays. Even all the cheap ones have cartoons on them. We went to Carrefour, but could not find one, then we went to Kamdar and they only had a long sleeved one. Rowena ran really fast out of my sight and I ran after her and dragged her by her hands, while she yelled and cried and everyone was staring at us. I don’t care what people think but I was so irritated. Harvynna kept saying ‘Rowena is really irritating. Next time don’t bring her’.

Then we went to MNG. She sat on the table where they displayed some blouses. She lifted each one, shouted ‘Stupid, ugly shirt’, threw it aside, picked up another and another and did the same thing. Then we went to the changing room – she opens the curtains of another cubicle.

After that, we went to Seed Café for my dinner while the girls had ice-cream. Rowena did not like the waiter and started fighting with him. ‘I don’t like you. I pinch you and push you’ ‘ I push you in the freezer’ (the cake display). Then she talks at the top of her voice. Luckily, the waiter did not mind so much. Not sure about the other customers though.

As we were walking out, there were some perfume promoters promoting their packages. There was one errr he / she approaching us. Immediately, Rowena said loudly ‘ Mummy, is that a man?’ I said yes. ‘Why he looks like that? Why so ugly? I quickly grabbed her and Harvynna and walked really fast out of that direction. I think she is going to get me beaten up some day!

10 comments:

Irene said...

I'm laughing now, but I know it's no laughing matter. If given the chance and my hubs is pretty good, cos' he'd rather not be stuck at the mall, he'll watch the girls while I go for an hour or 2.

Hailey likes to point out fat people to us. And she does pick the biggest one to point out to us too.

Jenna on the other hand, just wants to "walk" all the time. So how to shop like that?

Anonymous said...

OMG! Rowena definitely speaks her mind. Could it be the terrible two phase? My boy too will pass remarks but luckily he does it discreetly cos by nature he is just too shy and reserved. Rowena is very outspoken.. far exceeds her age milestone.

Mumsgather said...

Haha. Kids will be kids. My 4 year old likes to run all over the mall. Its like being released from prison like that when we get there. And then when he's bored, his feet will suddenly feel tired and he'd drag his feet with half his body and his hands hanging down and say he's tired he can't walk anymore and the next thing you know, he's off running again. Aiyoh!

CL said...

Kids say the darnest thing. I can imagine how embarassed you were then.

Family First said...

Wow .. the girl is pretty vocal huh?

Family First said...

Ok ok .. Rina its you! Its you! So nice to find someone from CW before .. still gyming ar? Me long time gave up lah!

Family First said...

I finish work at 7 or 8pm each day so I gave up the gym totally .. now look 5 times bigger than my gym days! Same weight as my 3rd trimester lah!

Borneo Belle said...

Deep breathes and remind yourself you are Princess Mom - head of the platoon. I'll have a long chat with Dennis the Menace a.k.a Rowena...yup...that's it...it'll work, won't it?!! OK, not me - I'll get her favourite auntie to talk to her. Hang in there - soon, they'll be teenagers and you'll miss these crazy kiddie days. xx

Mommy to Chumsy said...

muahahaha..this lil girl is really funny :D

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

ohmygodddd i'm so sorry i can imagine how tired and irritated u were but i laughed and laughed once i finished reading this entry! rowena's a riot! ok ok.. maybe to a stranger who doesnt have to deal with her ;) but i think ure doing a great job just by understanding that she is the way she is.