Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Updates


What has been happenning? Plenty. Cant believe the year has gone by. Let's see what we have done or been up to......

A-Tishoo - brought the girls to see the show at Actors Studio 2 weekends ago. Was really debating if I should bring Rowena as well but I ended up bringing her. Well, she had to live up to her reputation of being Dennis the Menace. We were there early to get the tickets, so just before the show started (about 5 minutes), we went to the toilet and Rowena followed me inside the cubicle while Harvyna entered another one on her own. As usual, Rowena started fiddle with everything and she turned on the tap at the side. The water splashed at her and she was wet from head to toe. I was really speechless as the expression on her face was just just priceless. It was a cross between 'Oh, what just happenned?' and 'Oh Oh, mummy is going to kill me!!' So although I was really annoyed with her, it was quite funny. Luckily I brought some extra clothes. She was still in a state of shock througout the show that she remained quiet and sat on my lap the whole time.


What did I think of the show? - It was ok. No props and dialogue or music, a lot of imagination. I think Aesops Fables would be better.


Harvynna's Parent Teacher meet - Met with her teachers and everyone mentioned that she is a very fast learner and picks up things very fast. She reads well and grasps the BM 'sukukata' very well. She can count 1-100 and does addition and subtraction up to number 20. She is good at Mandarin as well. She prefers to do her work on her own and is quite independant. The teacher has t0 give her additional work to do as she finishes her work very fast. I feel this could also be because, the school encourages learning through play, so most of the activities are quite easy for her. Academically, she is very good but needs improvement in her behaviour!! She does not share with her friends.
Looking at the girls, I think that HArvynna will be the book smart, straight A student while Rowena will be the streetsmart, not interested in studies type of child. Her attention span is really short. She focuses on trying to do the naughtiest things or finding what she can break!!

We still have not confirmed her school as yet due to transportation issues. I better call the school now!

5 comments:

Family First said...

Your little one is quite a handful eh? But its ok lah, when they grow up they will be "nicer" children .. well, thats what they say lah. Mine is like your no 2 also, so I am waiting & waiting .. for him to turn "nice".

chanelwong said...

wow...Jeriel is not up to that standard...Harvynna is soo smart...

Anonymous said...

Harvynna is doing very well! Rowena.. she's also very good in her speech development. She's just being more towards the cheeky mischievous type. :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your Rowena sounds exactly like my #2, Sherilyn... always up to mischief and forever looking for ways to irate me... intentionally and unintentionally, aargh!!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

u know, i was a little menace too when i was small (according to my mom lah) coz i just couldnt sit still and was constantly putting my nose into everything. i had short attention span too. but in the end i beat my sister in every major tests in school (pmr, spm, undergrad, postgrad...), so maybe rowena will become a genius and we dont even know it now ;)

and guess what? harvynna sounds like my sister! really booksmart! chances are she'll definitely cause u less problems. hehehee..