Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I miss Harvynna


pics taken on Fathers day in June at Victoria Station

Harvynna followed my parents back to Melaka last Wednesday, so its just me, Hubs and Rowena. The house is extremely quiet, not to mention the car rides every morning and evening. NOrmally, Harvynna will be chatting away, singing and entertaining me in the car. Now, the car is so quiet that I had to buy some new CDs to entertain myself.


The first few days were tough as Rowena used to cry her heart out in the car (I think she was missing the sister). But thanks to this new CDs I got, she keeps quiet and doses off within minutes. Hehe - its some oldies CD with the likes of The Platter, Ben E king etc. Either the songs totally bore her or it soothing to her ears.


Rowena is also sooooo clingy at home. The moment she does not see me, she cries and wails like nobody's business. Normally, when I put them to bed, she sleeps off within 20 minutes , but now she refuses to sleep. Even after she has closed her eyes, she can sense if I wake up and she willl wake up too. I have caught her peeking at me with just one eye open, they goes back to sleep (like reassuring herself I am still there)


Somehow I think, she knows that her sister is not there and does not know where she is. As such, she has a fear, that we might disappear too. So she really cries if she does not see us. Poor thing. I thought I can get a lot of things done since Harvynna is not here, but boy, was I wrong. That happy go lucky little baby has turned into a cry baby cling-on!!!


Harvynna seems to be having a good time, though, when I speak to her on the phone, she is so loving. She just says, 'mummy. mummy in the sweetest voice' The other day, She said 'mummy, I want to go home. Mummy, can you please come and take me home'. I told her I will pick her up during the weekend and she said,'no, I want to go now' and I felt really bad.


Anyway, to drown my sadness, I have gone on various shopping sprees to Mothercare, IKEA, Kids Oasis and Zara. hehe. As for daddy, if I ask him whether he misses Harvynna, he will say 'Who's that????'!!


5 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

wah so sad also can go shopping. HAHAHAAH *joking*

anyway so bad yeah daddy?i'm sure he's just joking and miss the lil missy so much

Health Freak Mommy said...

I can feel for you. I can imagine what u r going thru now. If i were to send Alycia, my elder gal bk to Ipoh for 1 wk, I think i'll also miss her like crazy. I bet u cant wait to bring Harvynna back eh?

Irene said...

What a cheeky daddy!

Chinneeq said...

even lil Rowena also missing her sis, so cute......for me, very heart pain one once qiqi calls me from nanny's place ask me to go get her...

jazzmint said...

hehe..ur hubby must be having a great time without her LOL