Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend moments!

Posted by Picasa Proud to say that we managed to do a couple of things over the weekend. First of all was the Dr’s visit.

Baby is doing fine but is slightly bigger for 33 weeks.
Abdomen : measuring 34 weeks
Weight: 2.2 kg

The Dr recommended that at the next visit, should the weight gain be on the higher scale, then we should opt for a C-Section. I don’t’ agree with him as I have my mind set on a natural delivery this time. I told him that even for Harvynna, she was supposed to be about 3.7 kg but at the time of delivery, she was slightly less than 3.2 kg (which is a normal size for a baby). How annoying! But of course, Harvynna loves the Dr, as he keeps bribing her with chocolate that at the end of our visit, she raised up her hands to him and said, ‘ Uncle Cayyi’!!

Then we went to the 'Times the bookshop warehouse sale'! It was really good and we were quite surprised that there was still a lot of bargains despite being at the tail end of the sale. I got a couple of books for myself but the rest were for Her Highness. The Ladybird books were really a steal as it was going for RM5 per book. Regretted for not buying more. I purchased only the books that were really cheap as there were many books that were only going for 10% less. Harvynna was so excited as she was surrounded by books. She kept picking up her own selection and adding it to our basket. She opened some of the books and started ‘reading’ them aloud. I found the place rather warm and wanted to get out fast.

We went to Esquire Kitchen for lunch. Harvynna enjoyed the lunch as she got to eat exactly what we were eating. Quite surprisingly, she loves broccoli!

On Sunday, daddy had to work, so it was Home Alone for Harvynna and me. We did some finger painting (will post pics later). The paints were from Toys R Us, but beware of these paints as they can really stain. Luckily I put on some old clothes for her and that will remain as her ‘painting outfit’ She loves it as throughout the day, she requested to do ‘Painting’. After that we had pizza for lunch and we had a much needed snooze for 2 hours.

Took her to cut her fringe in the evening.(finally) They actually did quite a good job, looks quite professional compared to when I do it myself. They even layered the fringe. Not bad for a 2 year old. After that Harvynna kept telling everyone,’Aunty cut Harvynna finch’. Now she looks cuter instead of the ‘ragamuffin look’ she has been sporting for weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HiHMom. Is yr guinea Dr Guna from DSH? He was my Gynea. He is a sweet heart though he is always recommending C-sec. I made a survey and so many of my buddies who have gone to him said they had C-sec. I really wanted a normal delivery but of course, I was induced cauz my placenta was not functioning at it's optimum. I didn't dialate so I had to be under the knife.

A relo of ours who was due about that time, walked in to my room 3 cm dialated just as I was about to be wheeled in to the OT! I felt terrible.

Anyway, my hubby and I have made up our minds about Dr Guna and we think he is the best dr around. At least to us. He's just very careful and doesnt take risks.

I do hope you will have a normal delivery. I doubt I will want a normal delivery for my 2nd baby. I would love to read about your delivery should you have a normal one. all the best.
Leisha's Mum

Princess Mom said...

Leisha's Mum - yup, it is Dr Guna from DSH and I agree that he is really nice and you can ask him anything - even the silliest question.

The reason we went back to DSH this time is because of him. My first delivery was a C-Section of our own choice. We wanted to deliver before a certain date (some traditional belief!!) and decided to go for a C-Section rather than induction which might end up with a C-Section anyway.

Surprisingly, the after effects of the C-Section was good and I was walking as normal the next day.

Anyway, the main thing is that mother and baby are in safe hands.

ZMM said...

Aah.. you should show us what you got for Harvynna. :P

Good bargains huh? I went again 1hr before they closed.. but only managed to get 2 novels for myself.

mom2ashley said...

oohhh we also went to the times warehouse sale...bought a couple of books as well..

jazzmint said...

wah wah..getting real close to deliver liao huh...yah agree sometimes the measurement could be wrong...

all da best to you, I'm visiting the gynae in 2 weeks time, hope this time can see gender more clearly LOL